Why Is My QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working? How to Fix It?
Intuit developed a File Doctor Tool that can easily fix your file and save your data from damage when the QuickBooks company file gets damaged or corrupted. But sometimes, while using the Tool, users face some issues. They stated that the QuickBooks File Doctor not working when they tried to fix the company file. This stops the company file repairing process in between. But this problem can be resolved easily. With this blog, we will provide you with the repairing solutions and the reasons for the issue.
Reasons for QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working
The QuickBooks File Doctor won’t open or work due to many reasons, which are following
- When you are accessing the incorporated files.
- When the file is not updated with the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Due to unsuccessful restoration.
- Missing files at the time of installation
- When trying to convert the company files of older versions.
- When the company file goes missing.
After knowing the reasons for the issue, now let’s resolve it.
Solutions for QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working?
Follow the given steps and then try to open and work with the File Doctor:
Solution 1: Open File Doctor Manually
When you start the File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub launch pad, it can show an error. So, fix the issue by opening it manually. The following are the steps:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks and wait until “No Company Open” appears on the screen.
- Secondly, click on File and choose Utilities.
- Now choose Repair File and Network Problems.
- After that, click OK from the appeared dialog box. The QuickBooks File Doctor will restart with all the admin rights.
- Next, choose the Wren icon to access the QuickBooks File Doctor and then click on Continue.
- Now, enter your login credentials to sign in to the company file. The File Doctor will begin the repair.
- After that, click on File Diagnosis Only from Advanced Settings.
- Click Next.
- When the system prompts, you have to access your company file and check for the issue.
If the above solution doesn’t resolve your QuickBooks File Doctor not working issue, then head toward the following section.
Solution 2: Restore Corrupted QBW File Backup
Restoring the backup of the corrupted QBW file can help you in fixing the QuickBooks File Doctor not working issue. The backup company file is with the .QBB extension. Restore with the following steps:
- You must first create a damaged company files backup. The backup will helps in the replacement of corrupted company files with saved ones.
- You must open QuickBooks and select the “File” option, followed by the “Open or Restore Company” option.
- After that, pick “Click Open or Restore a Company Backup Copy” and hit the “Next” button.
- Select “Local Backup” and then click the “Next” button.
- From the drop-down menu, browse and select the backup file location.
- Choose the backup file with the “.QBB extension,” then choose “Open” and then “Next.”
- A “Save In” drop-down menu will appear, from which you must choose a location to restore the files.
- The name of the file must be entered in the name field. With the entry of the “*.QBW” file, a “Save as” field will appear automatically.
- Lastly, click the “Save” button.
File Doctor is a perfect diagnostic tool to repair corrupted and damaged QuickBooks company files. But whenever the QuickBooks File Doctor not working for repairing the company file can be frustrating sometimes. So we deliver the two solutions to resolve your issue and get your File Doctor back at work. However, if the problem persists, try to fix the Microsoft essential installation files .NET Framework and MSXML file, and then try to operate. Thank You!