You’ve come to the right place if you want to use Clean Install for Windows to reinstall QuickBooks. Read the entire post, and your issue will be resolved quickly. It is necessary to remove QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, rename the installation files that were downloaded, and then restore the application whenever a QuickBooks desktop feature is destroyed or a straightforward restore fails to resolve any issues. Clean Install and Clean Uninstall are the two names for this process.
Steps to Reinstall QuickBooks by Using Clean Install for Windows
Follow the instructions listed below to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop:
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- The Run command will launch if you simultaneously press the Windows and R keys.
- Enter the control panel as a command in the Run window.
- If the control panel is showing categories, choose Application Features; otherwise, select Uninstall a program.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of programs, and then click Uninstall.
- Till the procedure is finished, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
Step 2: Rename the Installation Folder
You can use the QBs Clean Install Tool to rename folders. If you don’t want to use this program, you can manually rename the QuickBooks installation folder.
Downloaded and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Save QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.exe to your desktop after downloading it.
- After opening QuickBooks, select I accept in the License agreement.
- After choosing your QuickBooks Desktop edition, select the Continue tab.
- When the prompt “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install in the default directory” appears, click “Ok.”
Rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folder manually
You can rename each folder indicated for your QuickBooks by using Windows Explorer to examine hidden files. We advise placing the words “old” or “damaged” after the folder name. This will stop QuickBooks from identifying the folder and creating a new one.
- For the 64-bit version,
- go to C:Program\FilesIntuitQuickBooks,
- C:Program\Files(x86)IntuitQuickBooks, C:Program\DataIntuitQuickBooks, and C:Usercurrent userAppDatalocalIntuit. Quickbooks
Occurred Error: Rejected folder name when renaming
- Right-click the Windows Taskbar and choose Task Manager from the menu that appears.
- To sort processes by name alphabetically, select the Image Name column heading underneath the Process tab.
- Select QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe from the list of files, and then select End Process.
- Decide to end the process.
- When the warning notice that reads, “Warning: stopping any process could have unfavorable effects, including data loss and system instability,” appears, click OK.
We hope that following the instructions above to reinstall QuickBooks on Windows using a clean install has genuinely fixed your issue. Please feel free to consult our QuickBooks specialists if you still have any questions or problems relating to QuickBooks.